Are you an experienced Microsoft engineer who is looking for a new challenge working with some of the most cutting edge technologies like Azure, infrastructure-as-code, and cloud-based microservices? Are you excited at the thought of coming to work every day in the hot technology hub of Boston’s Seaport District? We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer who is proficient in building and managing Microsoft Azure environments.
Brainshark is on a journey to Azure and we’ve already made significant strides toward Azure, but we have more work to do. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative candidates ready to help us complete our migration into Azure and build a secure, scalable cloud-based platform upon which we can continue to innovate.
The role reports directly to the Manager of DevOps but works collaboratively with operations engineers, developers, and release engineers.
Are you psyched to work on some cool projects alongside some cool people in an innovative and dynamic work place? This role may be right for you.
- Support Brainshark’s migration from a traditional colocated datacenter to Microsoft Azure
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Engineering team to develop and build a Platform-as-a-Service architecture
- Develop scripts and templates to define and provision Azure resources, including virtual machines, virtual networks and subnets, application gateways and load balancers, and webapps
- Assist with implementation of management and monitoring tools
- Share on-call responsibility with other members of the Operations team to ensure 24x7 availability of Brainshark services
- Minimum 3+ years managing Microsoft infrastructures, with at least 1 year of experience working with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in automating the provisioning and deployment of servers, cloud resources, and configurations using tools like ARM templates, Powershell, VSTS, etc.
- Strong technical skills across the technology spectrum (AD, database management, networking)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to experiment, take risks and learn new things
- Experience with C#, Angular, or SQL Server is strong plus
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Knowledge of or experience with Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, or Git
- A strong sense of humor
*PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES THAT DON'T REQUIRE RELOCATION AND DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP*