Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content authoring capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition.
With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates on-boarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere.
Why is sales readiness such a big deal? It isn’t – it’s a HUGE deal. Before sales people get to solve real problems for their customers and ultimately roll in the big bucks, they have to be extraordinarily proficient at showing value and serving as a trusted advisor to their buyers.Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.
We’re delivering cloud based solutions to the Fortune 1000. Because of the high-profile nature of our customers and the increasing focus on security, our customers and prospects are demanding the highest level of security standards in Brainshark’s products and that’s where you come in… Brainshark is looking to recruit a highly motivated and hands on technical Manager of DevOps with overall responsibility for SaaS platform Operations as well as our Continuous Delivery capability. You will have immediate responsibility for executing on our migration from data center to the Microsoft Azure Cloud all while continuing to deliver best in class performance and availability to our global customer base.
The role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and works collaboratively with other Engineering Managers including Development, QA and Security. You will have six direct reports including two Release Engineers and four Operations Engineers.
The scope of responsibility for this role includes the maintenance, operation and improvement of the following:
Physical assets that support our Production and non-Production on premise environments – slated to be shut down by the end of 2017 (with your help!)
Existing Azure infrastructure including Virtual Machines but also PaaS components like Web Jobs, API Apps, etc.
Virtualization layers including VMWare (through end of 2017) and Cloud platforms.
Microsoft Windows Server OS system administration and troubleshooting.
Microsoft Internet Information Services administration and troubleshooting.
The Brainshark application – monitoring, management, optimization, etc.
Continuous Delivery pipeline including source control, build, and deploy tools.
Who Are You?
- You have a deep background with Microsoft technologies.
- You are strongly technical and lead others through example and are able to mentor more junior team members.
- You are passionate about delivering world class SaaS products to some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
- You’ve spent much of your career in 24x7 operational environments and you understand what “always on” means.
- You have a strong understanding of how software is built, packaged and deployed.
- You figure things out very quickly. Without much hand holding, you master new technologies and applications quickly.
- You think like an architect and can quickly grasp the relationships among different server roles in a multi-tier application architecture.
- You are data driven and understand the power of KPIs. Your mission in life is to “measure all the things”.
- You are passionate about automation and have a track record for deploying robust tooling solutions to eliminate routine tasks.
- You are driven to make the product better and are comfortable working collaboratively with Developers in a DevOps environments.
- You are passionate about Cloud platforms and are psyched to work with new technologies like Containers and advanced PaaS services.
- You understand Customer Service and can be responsive to customer reported issues.
- Lead a team of six System and Release Engineers.
- Ensure the continuous operation and evolution of Brainshark’s existing continuous deployment pipeline which currently leverages Atlassian products combined with Jenkins and Octopus Deploy.
- Lead our efforts to exit our Product data center and migrate the platform to Azure.
- Evaluate and recommend cloud based continuous delivery tools (e.g. Visual Studio Team Services) to help migrate our CI/CD capability to the cloud.
- Primary responsibility for the Brainshark SaaS application health and performance.
- Evaluating and deploying tools and processes that lead to better KPIs and data driven decision making.
- Share on-call responsibility with peers to ensure 24x7 application availability.
- Third level triage of customer reported issues.
- Role will be about 60% Operational and 40% Innovation.
- BA, BS, or equivalent in a technical field of study (such as computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics) or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of experience designing and operating Production infrastructure platforms in a SaaS or corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: Databases, Networking, Virtualization, Cloud (IaaS), etc.
- Expert with Windows Server operating systems and .Net applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and products at the same time, develop work estimates, and coordinate schedules with your colleagues while prioritizing and working to deadlines
- Experience deploying Microsoft .Net or Java applications to web application servers
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell or other similar scripting languages
- Experience with Microsoft Server operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft IIS or Java Application Servers such as JBoss or WebLogic
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience with log consolidation and analysis tools
- Ability to write simple ad hoc SQL queries to help troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Experience with systems monitoring and alerting
- Experience with Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, Git, TeamCity a strong plus
- Microsoft or other industry certification a plus
- Knowledge and experience in C# Development a very strong plus!
- SQL Server Reporting Services and RDL authoring
- Windows, MSSQL, .Net, Configuration Management
- Experience in SaaS
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment