Brainshark Technical Support Engineer Job Description
A Technical Support Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting technical issues with the Brainshark product solutions, collaboratively as part of the technical tier within Brainshark’s Customer Support organization.
This role will divide responsibilities equally between resolving technical issues and providing Site Administration support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for all Brainshark product issues via email, phone and online meetings
- Become proficient in the Brainshark application including configuration, usage, workflow and the knowledge of how to implement and use Brainshark technology to accomplish specific business tasks
- Develop expertise of Brainshark product features and how to troubleshoot and diagnose customer reported issues related to them
- Utilize technical troubleshooting skills to identify root cause and solutions for customer reported issue
- Identify workarounds for defects to provide the customer with immediate relief
- Develop expertise in Brainshark Site Administration tasks/features
- Triage and resolve each Site Administration request in a timely fashion while interacting with various Brainshark departments to achieve customer resolutions and goals
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor for front-line Customer Support Representatives
- Display sound judgment and consistently utilize best practices in troubleshooting, diagnosing and managing customer issues
- Exercise excellent communication and relationship skills to represent Brainshark to customers
- Leverage highly developed organizational and time-management skills to manage small, departmental projects as assigned
- Author knowledgebase articles to document technical lessons learned and to document advanced or obscure application features and behaviors
- Recognize and identify areas for improvement and offer and implement suggested solutions
- 4-year college degree (B.S. preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Technical Support or similar role at a high-tech company
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and supporting web based applications using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari running on Windows and Mac
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce or Zendesk at the user and/or administrator level
- Preferably product knowledge across the Brainshark application suite, including: Sales Accelerator, Coaching, Rapid Learning, Reporting, SCORM and LMS integration, and other advanced topics
- Demonstrated excellence in all forms of communication with both internal and external customers
- Frequent and effective participation in highly visible customer experiences in person, over the phone and online
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage workload, including queue management, with minimal intervention or assistance
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues by gathering relevant data, reproducing, analyzing, and identifying recommendations for resolution
- Ability to gather relevant data to diagnose video and network related performance issues
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content authoring capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition.
With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere.
Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.