Brainshark is looking for an energetic individual to join our Business Development team to generate qualified prospects for sales to close. Success in the BDR role requires a strong hunter-mentality with significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from marketing programs, as well as independent prospecting. Brainshark provides a high level of support for the business development efforts with award winning solutions in a growing market, a high volume of marketing responses for follow up, training and skill development and experienced management. Join a team of experienced business development reps, where you can share best practices and ideas as part of a marketing team that is ahead of the curve.
- Master Brainshark’s target market, business drivers and strategies so that you can develop intrigue and position Brainshark as a value add solution with prospects.
- Continually meet/exceed standards for qualified lead and pipeline quota; bonuses for exceeding quota
- Reach out to and follow up with respondents from a variety of marketing programs to initiate conversation, learn current business programs and qualify potential business applications.
- Execute the necessary daily activities as set forth by management, including phone calls and emails at a high quality to meet your monthly goals.
- Identify key targets in our proprietary database and initiate contact with appropriate suspects, leveraging research resources to create intrigue, assess their current business methods and position Brainshark’s enterprise solutions.
- Partner with and support 3-4 field sales personnel, aligned within specific vertical industries. Understands drivers within vertical markets which help to establish trends and buying cycles (Bio/Pharma/Healthcare and or Services industry experience helpful)
- Nurture and manage leads until they are qualified as sales-ready.
- Leverage all contacts to identify other prospects through referrals
- Identify decision makers and company goals to position Brainshark appropriately.
- Track all activity thoroughly in CRM system. Validate activity and lead qualification reports. Provide field rep with solid prospect background on role, need and intrigue to ensure high-quality prospect transition into the sales process.
- Identify potential opportunities and transition leads to field sales by proactively setting up sales appointments for further qualification discussions.
Experience & Education
- BS or BA degree and a minimum of 1 year business experience in sales and/or a customer-facing role
- Experience conducting business and building relationships in phone & email, with excellent phone, interpersonal, verbal & written capabilities
- Client-oriented writing skills
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace with the ability to “switch gears” quickly as the prospecting conversation warrants.
- Over-the-top motivation and creativity to successfully reach prospects and create conversations
- Comfort recording everything into our CRM system (salesforce.com – we can only improve what we measure)
- Professional persistence & ability to “think on your feet” and make a compelling introduction. HUNTER mentality.
- Organizational skills and a results-oriented self-starter attitude
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals – this position carries a qualified lead and pipeline quota and bonuses for exceeding quota.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, Salesforce.com and internet navigation.
Brainshark sales readiness software equips businesses with the training, coaching and content creation capabilities to achieve sales mastery and outsell the competition.
With Brainshark, companies can: prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere.
Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to identify and close performance gaps, and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.